Caring for each other in times of need is one of the most important things that happen in our church community. Many of you do this easily and naturally for each other and your acts of kindness are much appreciated though often invisible. In addition to these informal networks, we do have more structured support under the auspices of our Pastoral Care Team.
The Pastoral Care Team meets monthly with the minister to ensure that the pastoral care needs of church members and friends are being met. Monthly coordinators rotate and check in regularly with the minister and church office. Our emphasis is on the temporary, emergency, and short-term care, although we will try to put you in touch with community resources that may be able to provide ongoing care.
You are welcome to contact the church office (559.322.6146 or email@example.com) to get referred for any of the following reasons:
- If due to sickness, surgery or other unexpected emergency, you need help with such things as meals, childcare, transportation, household tasks, or errands.
- If you or someone you know would appreciate a phone call or visit.
- If you have had a loss or major life change and would like supportive care.
- If you are a caregiver and need a few hours’ respite.
- Get the name and number of this month’s Pastoral Care volunteers by contacting the office.