MEMBERSHIP IN THE UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST CHURCH OF FRESNO
Joining the Unitarian Universalist Church of Fresno (UUCF) is a decision to become part of a community of people searching for truth, working for justice, and striving to live in loving relationship with one another. Whatever your age, ability, income, education, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, nation of origin, immigration status, religious background, family structure, or ideas of doubt, faith, and spirituality, all are welcome and all are found at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Fresno.
For all questions about membership Patty Bennett, our Member Services Coordinator, is eager to assist. Contact Patty at firstname.lastname@example.org
You feel in harmony with the principles of Unitarian Universalism and with the mission of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Fresno;
You are committed to living out these principles and this mission through your own spiritual growth and your efforts to promote justice;
You plan to participate with regularity in the programs and the community life of the congregation; and
You will share your time, talent, and financial resources in support of the democratically run organization of the church.
Steps to membership
- Attend services and fill out a connection card. You will receive our weekly email newsletter with information about current activities and classes. As a guest you are welcome to participate in almost all church functions while you get to know us.
- Attend “Introduction to Unitarian Universalism/Pathways.” This engaging and interactive four-hour class will give you an in-depth introduction to our church and to the history and beliefs of the Unitarian Universalist faith. This class is offered several times each year, on either a Saturday morning or a Sunday afternoon.
- Sign the membership book and make a financial pledge toward the support of the church that is generous within your means.
- Dive in! Join a Chalice Circle (a small spiritual discussion group). Take an adult education class. Volunteer for an event. Join an action team. Greet congregants before services on Sunday, or serve coffee during the social hour. Attend a Circle Supper. There are many ways to serve the church community, deepen your own spiritual understandings, and meet others who share your values.
We invite you to join us. We know that as a member of our church you will enrich your life and the life of the community. Together we share our time, talents, and resources to support this community — your chosen church home.
Things you can only do as a member:
- Vote at the Annual Meeting and October Meeting, where we approve the proposed budget, changes to the bylaws, and other important issues in the life of the church.
- Be connected to the Unitarian Universalist Association (the denominational body) and receive its quarterly publication, The UU World.
- Get discounted rates on the use of church facilities for parties and special events.
- Attend General Assembly, the yearly UU gathering, as a delegate of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Fresno.