On the third Sunday of every month, many of us bring food items with us to church to donate to two area food pantries
VALLEY CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL FOOD PANTRY
This is for parents who have to stay with their sick children and live outside of Fresno and typically have little money for food.
- Individual tea or coffee packets, instant hot chocolate
- Instant Oatmeal packets (in the large boxes, we will divide them into individual packets per parent)
- Granola bars, Protein bars, Breakfast bars etc.
- Small, individual serve boxes of cereal (come in variety packs)
- Small containers of High-C or other fruit juice drinks (the type you would pack into a child’s lunch box)
Lunch /Dinner items:
- Small, single serve tins or packets of tuna or chicken; ham spread;
- Peanut butter, jelly/preserves
- Snack packs of crackers/peanut butter; crackers, pretzels, granola mix, trail mix
- Soups that can be heated and served (preferably w/o being mixed with water); Top Ramen; Noodle dinners
- Ravioli, spaghetti, spaghetti O’s, beef stew, macaroni/cheese, chili with meat and without meat
- Small cans of vegetables (kernel corn seems to be better than peas), kidney beans and refried beans
- Small containers (come in a 6-pack) jellos, fruit cocktail, peaches, pears, applesauce, puddings.
- Boxes with the multipacks of cookies, “salted” crackers (we divide them). Graham crackers.
- Dried fruits (raisins, banana chips, apples, papaya, mango)
- Beef jerky (individual packets)
FOOD PANTRY AT WESLEY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
We send bags of groceries each month to assist our food insecure neighbors
- Saltine Crackers (1 box)
- Box of Cereal (Cheerios are preferred)
- Corn (1 can)
- Peas or Green Beans (1 can, green beans are preferred)
- Tuna (1 can)
- Peanut Butter (1 jar)
- Ramen Noodles (2 packages)
- Macaroni & Cheese (2 boxes)
- Toilet tissue (1 roll)
- Soap (1 bar)
- Fresh fruits & vegetables as they are donated